Boortz said that McKinney's "new hair-do" makes her look "like a ghetto slut," like "an explosion at a Brillo pad factory," like "Tina Turner peeing on an electric fence," and like "a shih tzu." McKinney is the first African-American woman elected to Congress from Georgia.
More than a couple of rightwing assholes put their pennies in the bucket whilst opining on Jill Carroll's release:
- John Podhoretz of The National Review said: "It’s wonderful that she’s free, but after watching someone who was a hostage for three months say on television she was well-treated because she wasn’t beaten or killed — while being dressed in the garb of a modest Muslim woman rather than the non-Muslim woman she actually is — I expect there will be some Stockholm Syndrome talk in the coming days."
- Don Imus' sidekick, Bernard McGuirk said of Carroll: "She strikes me as the kind of woman who would wear one of those suicide vests. You know, walk into the — try and sneak into the Green Zone."
- Puffy, puffy Jonah Goldberg, also of the National Review said: "Jill Carroll is increasingly starting to bug me. The details are still murky and it’s hard to appreciate what she’s been through. And maybe JPod’s right about Stockholm syndrome. And maybe the media’s selectively choosing what to show of her statements. But it would be nice to hear her say something remotely critical of her captors, particularly about the fact that they murdered her translator in cold blood. I’m very glad she’s alive, but I’m getting a very bad vibe. More, no doubt, to come."
- Back to everyone's favorite creepy pathetic geriatric... McGuirk, the executive producer of Imus in the Morning said: "She’s carrying Zarqawi’s baby. No doubt about it," and "Did you hear her comments yesterday? She’s wearing the terrorist headgear. And everything points to that. […] She’s Taliban Janie, this girl. Taliban Jill or whatever. "
- Jonah Goldberg, responding to Think Progress: "Is it really so crazy to think that someone who hasn’t spent the last 82 days in captivity by Islamic kidnappers might be thinking more clearly than someone who has?"
That's your liberal media folks. Seriously.
Someone needs to stab me in the throat already. I can't take it.
I've spent all day looking at things I can't afford at CribCandy.com
Happy Birthday, Air America! Two whole years?!!?