Wednesday, March 1

Friday-5 oclock-Aveda Salon

Jane Hamsher at Firedoglake posted the touching letter sent to Focus on the Family's James Dobson from Sammy Alito. I will repost it in its entirety:

Dear Dr. Dobson: This is just a short note to express my heartfelt thanks to you and the entire staff of Focus on the Family for your help and support during the past few challenging months. I would also greatly appreciate it if you would convey my appreciation to the good people from all parts of the country who wrote to tell me that they were praying for me and for my family during this period. As I said when I spoke at my formal investiture at the White House last week, the prayers of so many people from around the country were a palpable and powerful force. As long as I serve on the Supreme Court I will keep in mind the trust that has been placed in me. I hope that we'll have the opportunity to meet personally at some point in the future. In the meantime my entire family and I hope that you and the Focus on the Family staff know how we appreciate all that you have done. Sincerely yours, Samuel Alito

How fucking adorable is that? I wonder if his creepy wife cried as she sealed the envelope. In other, completely unrelated news, the Arbitron radio ratings for Los Angeles just came out for February, and it doesn't look so good for the right-wing blow monkeys. From Hoffmania:

UPDATE: Here are the L.A. numbers from "the money demographic" - 25-54 year olds: Limbaugh: 3.3 to 2.9. Hannity: 1.8 to 0.5. (Ouch) Ingraham: 0.9 to 0.6. Prager/Medved: 1.4 to 0.3. Hewitt: 1.4 to 0.9. KTLK (Air America): Miller: 1.1 to 1.1 Franken/Schultz: 0.7 to 0.7 Rhodes: 0.9 to 1.3. (That's my girl!) Garofalo/Seder/Malloy/Clippers: 0.3 to 1.0.

Limbaugh has always been the ratings guy, AND he's syndicated on 300+ stations. Air America has 80 stations, with more added every month. Hannity dropped by 1.3 points and Randi Rhodes went up by .4 points. Its beginning to smell a lot like the rotting corpses of righty radio stars. Mmmmm... I'm like, totally hungry now. One last thing... Check out these never-before-seen pictures of the Civil Rights Movement published in The Birmingham News.

March 7, 1965: John Lewis, center, leads marchers with fellow activist Hosea Williams across Selma's Edmund Pettus Bridge hoping to march to the capitol in Montgomery. Troopers and deputies used tear gas and clubs to stop the march moments later.

No comments: