Saturday, October 16

last night, our dog was dressed like an ice cream cone

It's Saturday, and I'm missing the Howard Dean rally. When I read the article about the 17-troop unit that refused to go on a mission, I really thought it would be talked about a lot more within the blogosphere... They were in Taji, just north of Baghdad, when they decided that their fuel-delivery mission was basically a deathwish. Their truck wasn't safe, and they didn't want to die. The troops are now being detained in tents, and may be charged with the willful disobeying of orders. And, proof that the Daily Show is still the best "news" show around, Jon Stewart schooled Tucker Carlson and Paul Begala on their own show (Crossfire) last night. Wonkette's blog has links to the transcript, as well as various sites where you can download a torrent file of the exchange. It's about fuckin' time someone exposed the "pundit hackery" that those shows thrive on. Watch the entire video, becuase Jon calls Tucker a dick at the end. Good stuff... Well, if anything newsworthy happens today, I'll post again. I have this feeling I'll be doing a lot more posting as the end time draws near. I'm terrified. At least I can think about Bill O'Reilly taking me in his arms and rubbing me with a falafel...? For now, I leave you with this excerpt from one of Bill O'Reilly's fantasies... It's by far the one part that most people are talking about:

"So anyway I'd be rubbing your big boobs and getting your nipples really hard, kinda kissing your neck from behind...and then I would take the other hand with the falafel (sic) thing..."

No comments: