Monday, May 30

Monday Must Read

Why I'm Joining the GOP Leaving the left for fun and profit
(read the entire article) by Jeff Gillenkirk

After a lifetime voting for and working for Democratic candidates and independents, I'm finally going to make the switch and become a Republican. The reasons are many, not the least of which is age. I turned 55 recently and, having lived more than half my life, I can't afford to worry anymore about the other guy. It's time for me. As a Republican, I'll say goodbye to "old Jesus" and hello to "new Jesus. " Sure Christ started out as a liberal Jew, and look where that got him. Compassion, love and diatribes against the rich only encourage the weak and punish the most successful among us. The Jesus that Republicans worship is a muscular, decisive, pro-war crusader hard at work cleansing the world of evildoers, not, God forbid, turning the other cheek.

The sound on C-SPAN has been jacked ALL day long. This upsets me almost as much as the Cruise/Holmes engagement, especially since Katie's converting to Scientology.

L. Ron Hubbard is soooooooo dial-up.

No comments: